Nets, liners for aquaculture and ponds
Wire mesh products for general applications
We supply HDPE and LLDPE liners by the container load.
Mesh, nylon and stainless steel screen materials
We have a wide range of fine micron screen mesh net products available. See the price list for these screens and cloths. Enquries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Soft nylon mesh rolls
mesh sizes: 16, 24, 32, 56, 80, 100, 120, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500
Most rolls are 30 metres x 1.5 or 1.2 metres. Finer mesh is 10m x 0.9m. See price list.
Hard polyethylene rolls
Mesh sizes: 16, 24, 56, 80,100, 120, 150, 200, 250, 300. See price list.
Mesh to micron conversion
Refer to the detailed tables for conversion between mesh counts per inch and micron hole sizes.
Soft nylon mesh from Switzerland
Micron sizes: 1, 5, 11, 15, 20, 25, 45, 50, 60, 73, 75, 90, 100, 120, 125, 150, 220, 225, 250, 308, 310, 350, 425, 500, 670, 700, 750, 1000, 1600
All these rolls are 10 metres x 1.02 metres
Base Material Variations
Basically there are four suitable synthetic fiber forming materials or polymers high density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene, nylon and polyester.
- (a) High Density polyethylene (HDPE) -good Ultra violet resistance good strength, good abrasion resistance, reasonable cost, good chemical resistance.
- (b) Polypropylene - reasonable Ultra violet resistance, good strength, moderate abrasion resistance, low cost, good chemical resistance.
- (c) Polyester - excellent Ultra violet resistance, high strength, good abrasion resistance, high cost, good chemical resistance.
- (d) Nylon -, reasonable Ultra violet resistance, high strength, high cost, good abrasion resistance, reasonable chemical resistance, tends to stretch.
HDPE plastic net (hexagon mesh)
HDPE (high density polyethylene) mesh is used in various screening applications such as during water changes. Rolls are either 30 metres x 0.9 or 30m x 1.2, depending on the mesh size required.
Mesh sizes in millimetres: 2, 3.8, 10, 13, 20, 24, 27, 40, 47, 50. All plus/minus 0.5 mm.
For the manual grading of fish fry, we supply bowl shaped stainless steel graders, 39 cm diameter and 18.5 cm deep. 19 different mesh sizes for fish sizes from 0.9 cm to 15.1 cm
This is suitable for species such as grouper and designed to prevent damage to fish.
Stainless grading sieve - line design
This design prevents fry getting stuck in the mesh during grading. Stainless steel construction is resistant to seawater corrosion. These meshes come in 17 mesh sizes for fish of between 2.4 and 18 cm. These have been used on species like bass and milk fish.
Other filter materials
- We can supply water filtration bags, typically used on the inlet pipes in shrimp hatcheries (1, 5, 10 and 20 micron;
- Shade cloth;
- Skeletonema filter bags;
- Floating cages: 1,2 m x 0.9 m x 0.6 m;
- Plankton nets;
- Hand nets and dip nets
Typical mesh sizes for fish rearing
The number of marine fish stocked and relative mesh size in a 10m x 10m x 5m floating cage is presented in the table below.
Wire Mesh, Stainless steel wire mesh etc.
See next page for these products.